2019! happy new year.
cheers to the beginning of another 365 days of adventures in love, life, & travel!
welcome back to my drop in the bucket. it’s been a little bit. 2018 was a weird year for me. it felt as though it came and went in the blink of an eye. i completely fell short on a lot of areas in life, this blog being one of them 😉 BUT… here i am! reunited and it feels so good! (it’s okay if you sang that, i did when i typed it )
each year i develop a list of adventures to fill my deep wanderlust, desires that spark my creative side and physical goals to promote health, in hopes to create a life that inspires me, my family and maybe even a few others along the way!
so. lets. get. to. it.
2019 | bucket list:
(disclaimer: as always, this is a never-ending work in progress, continuously being revised, refined, and modified)
• blog! (hey, i have to start somewhere)
• finish our great room remodel (a ceiling with insulation is a must by next winter. it gets pretty cold in wisco & I have this winter to testify)
• send my baby boy to france for foreign exchange experience
• love my husband in new exciting ways (okay, i have to leave some things to the imagination)
• travel to portugal, morocco, and spain for one stellar adventure abroad
• tough mudder (yes, this was on the list last year. no, i didn’t do it. don’t judge)
• camping trip to the apostle islands with friends
• convince B that its a good idea to place all of our camping needs on our kayak to spend at least one night on an island (yup, this needs its own bullet point)
• take niko on college visits (tears running down my face)
• get on a paddle board
• go charter fishing
• try a new restaurant (always a good idea)
• LLC my photography brand
• read one book every other month (trying to be realistic) read about 2018’s bookshelf here
• outdoor movie night
• volunteer at humane society
• learn to sew
• complete advent calendar at christmas time
• try a food delivery service for meals throughout the week
• plan & pull off surprise 90th birthday celebration for my grandma (we are safe on here, technology didn’t consume her generation)
• do yoga on the beach (heck, it doesn’t even have to be on the beach. maybe, better written it should read “do yoga”)
• laser tag
• tour Mitchell park domes
• overnight motorcycle trip
• visit all of wisconsins state parks
• attend beth moore living proof live
• design home church remodel
• finish quarter sleeve tattoo
• get another ear piercing
• learn to sew
• chicago tour for the weekend (take niko to gucci store & remind him what we cant afford ;))
• attend an indian wedding (already have the invite on this one people, not planning to crash the wedding, although that might be something to add to the lifetime bucket list!)
• host “not-so-newlywed” game
• host friendsgiving
• plan a girls trip air b-n-b style
• continue to pay down debt (ugh! sounds terrible)
• celebrate grandma & grandpas 60th wedding anniversary in missouri
• enjoy lake michigan beaches
• send a message in a bottle
• visit michigan and see the waterfalls
• get eyelash extensions
• plan 2020 patagonia trip
• attend a concert
• salt water float therapy
• win big at a casino (ya’ll, i can dream)
• overnight hike & stay on ice age trail
• visit green bay botanical gardens
• spanish class online or in person (necesito aprender mas español)
well, there you have it people. dreams both big and small. start this year with inspiration and intentionality. create your own list of adventures and desires that cultivate feelings of success, thankfulness & joy.
this isn’t about just checking things of the list, (although, that gives me a sick sense of deep gratification to be able to do so) at the end of the day know that you have grown into more of the person God has intended you to be, as you learn more about Him, yourself, and others, when you live intentionally, push yourself outside of your comfort zone, and experience the countless beauties this world has to offer.
“the purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
now. take a deep breath, close your eyes and start dreaming.
roots & wings.
what did the dreamer in you put on your 2019 bucket list?